SocEnv Webinar Series | Climate Change
SocEnv Webinars range from topical, subject specific presentations under an umbrella theme, to helpful guidance for gaining CEnv, REnvP or REnvTech registration. Our free, live webinars are available for all to attend and following the live webinar, each recording is made available to watch back.
We ran our Climate Change topical webinar series in Spring 2020. During the series we heard expert talks on the following talks:
- Materials, Resource Management and Climate Change
- Nuclear Netflix and Atomic Automobiles? The Future of Nuclear Power in the UK’s Low Carbon Energy Mix
- Addressing Climate Change in Environmental Impact Assessment: What, Why and How Well Are We Doing?
- Global Water Security: The Need for a Holistic Approach
- Land Use Professionals and Net Zero
- Jobs in a Changing Climate
Watch back for free now via the playlist below – or play the individual webinars by scrolling down this page.
Part One // Materials and Nuclear Energy Expert Webinar
Part one of this climate change series comprises of two CEnv speakers - experts in their relevant fields of materials management and nuclear power.
Dr Colin Church CEnv - Chief Executive @ the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IOM3)
- - - "Materials, Resource Management and Climate Change"
Victoria Robinson CEnv - Senior Consultant @ NUVIA
- - - "Nuclear Netflix and Atomic Automobiles? The Future of Nuclear Power in the UK’s Low Carbon Energy Mix"
Part Two // Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Expert Webinar
Part two of this climate change series is focused purely on environmental impact assessments (EIA) and their relevance to climate change. Insight provided by Chartered Environmentalist, Joanna Wright.
Joanna Wright CEnv - Director @ Environmental Planning at LUC (Land Use Consultants)
- - - "Addressing Climate Change in Environmental Impact Assessment: What, Why and How Well Are We Doing?"
Part Three // Global Water Security Expert Webinar
Part three of this climate change series is focused purely on water security, with the odd link to climate change. Insight provided by Chartered Environmentalist, Roger Falconer. We're talking water pollution, the water footprint of clothing and the demands of agriculture for irrigation.
Roger Falconer CEnv - Emeritus Professor of Water Engineering at Cardiff University
Independent Water Consultant, Roger Falconer Water Consultancy Ltd
- - - "Global Water Security: The Need for a Holistic Approach"
Part Four // Jobs in a Changing Climate and Net Zero Land Use Expert Webinar
Part four of this climate change webinar series focuses on jobs in a changing climate and the link between net zero and land use professionals, with links to the climate change umbrella topic. Insight is provided by Chartered Environmentalists, Ross Weddle and Kirsten Rottcher.
Ross Weddle CEnv - Principal, Immanent Associates Ltd
- - - "Land Use Professionals and Net Zero"
Kirsten Rottcher CEnv - Independent Consultant, RoettcherKonsult
- - - "Jobs in a Changing Climate"