Pledge Less Plastic Hub | World Environment Day Campaign 2018
Welcome to the #PledgeLessPlastic Hub, developed in collaboration with key partners for World Environment Day 2018.
World Environment Day celebrates and promotes environmental awareness and sustainability across the globe. The Society for the Environment champions this initiative by creating awareness of the chosen theme each year. The theme for 2019 was "Pledge Less Plastic - If you can't reuse it, refuse it".
Within this hub you will find inspirational resources and case studies - scroll down for more...
In this video series, Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv) Andrew Marlow from One Planet Solutions discusses the over use of plastics in every day life and offers some solutions.
Case Studies: What Others Are Doing to Help
- Martin Ballard CEnv, Willmott Dixon – By Working Together We Can make a Difference this World Environment Day
- The Institution of Environmental Sciences – Ocean Plastics Awareness Events
- Dr Mererid Howells MSc CEnv MCIEEM, Jacobs – Global Single-Use Plastic Challenge
- Siemens – Cleaning the Ocean is our Business
- Shelia, Skanska – Going Plastic Free
- Sarah Jones, Siemens – Microbeads
- Mayer Bhave – Family Refuses Single-Use Plastic
- Katherine Marriott and Katerina Tzafilkou, Skanska – Reverse Vending Machine
- Katherine Marriott and Katerina Tzafilkou, Skanska – Renal Bottle Recycling
- Bureau Veritas CPS UK – Bottle Top Recycling
- Six Month On: Trinity House – Plastic Reduction Newsletter – Winter 2018
- Condor Ferries – Plastic Pledge
- Sameen Barabhuiya, Dow Chemical Company / IChemE Voice of the Future 2019 – The importance of solving plastics pollution – my experience pitching in Parliament
- Innovation from Thailand and Vietnam – supermarkets start using banana leaves instead of plastic – Vice article