This seminar will assess the next steps for UK aviation policy.
It will be an opportunity to discuss key issues expected to be the subject of the new aviation strategy due to be published later this year, following the Aviation 2050 green paper.
Areas for discussion include:
- sustainable growth to meet passenger demand, whilst mitigating impacts on communities and the environment;
- competition, regional development and widening connectivity; and
- a passenger charter, and opportunities for customer service improvements presented by innovative technologies.
- Priorities for the new aviation strategy;
- Next steps for expansion at Heathrow and delivering new capacity in the South East; and
- Key regulatory issues - airspace management, strengthening safety standards and developing competition.
Further sessions on:
- Enhancing passenger experience and the impact on economic growth - meeting increasing demand, utilising spare capacity and supporting regional connectivity; and
- Overcoming barriers to growth across the UK aviation sector - innovation, community engagement, and addressing environmental concerns.
Delegates will assess latest developments and thinking - and the challenges - with regard to Heathrow expansion including:
- what it means for capacity need;
- the impact of the political climate; and
- how best to improve surface transport access and passenger experience.
It follows Heathrow’s Airport Expansion Consultation and comes with renewed legal challenges for expansion.
Attendees will also discuss the future role of regional airports in providing extra capacity and supporting economic growth - with discussion expected around utilising spare capacity, developing new routes and engaging with local businesses.
The discussion takes place with the UK Government committing to bring all greenhouse gas emissions to net zero by 2050, and following the Government’s consultation on the future of UK carbon pricing.
Delegates will assess how the UK aviation sector can deliver sustainable growth while meeting its environmental commitments going forward and the role of new technologies and practices in reducing emissions - including innovation in surface transport, low emission aircraft, automation and digitalisation to improve efficiency.
To find out more and book your place, please click here