Monday, 21 January 2019
Chester, Cheshire CH2 4JP
« Go to Upcoming Event List
The Institute of Chartered Foresters (ICF) and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), along with the Mersey Forest, are teaming up to host this joint event focused on the value of woodland creation and management.
In light of changing land management priorities and the plans for planting 50 million trees as part of the Northern Forest announced in the government’s 25 Year Plan for the Environment, the Institute, Mersey Forest and RICS are bringing together an exceptional team of speakers to highlight current opportunities and challenge traditional thinking around this often undervalued asset class.
This is a great opportunity for professional foresters and rural surveyors, land agents and land owners, to get together and take a fresh look at where woodland could be adding value.
- Fenning Welstead FICFor – Partner, John Clegg & Company
- Patrick Begg – Rural Enterprises Director, National Trust
- Shireen Chambers FICFor – Executive Director, Institute of Chartered Foresters
- John Lockhart FRICS CEnv – Chairman, Lockhart Garratt
- Paul Nolan MICFor – Director, The Mersey Forest
- Graham Taylor MBE MICFor – Director, Pryor & Rickett Silviculture
- The value of woodland creation – forestry makes commercial sense
- Opportunities for woodland creation and management – changing political landscape
- Natural Capital opportunities for woodland
- Natural Infrastructure Schemes – a National Trust perspective
- Northern Forest – New opportunitiesForestry management
12:15 Registration and Buffet Lunch
14:45 Tea/Coffee and Networking
Booking and more information
For more information on this event, and to book your place, please visit the ICF page for the event
The Institute of Chartered Foresters (ICF) and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) are professional bodies licensed by the for the Environment to award Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv) status