Code of Professional Conduct
The final stage of the application process to become a CEnv, REnvP or REnvTech registrant is to sign SocEnv's Code of Professional Conduct.
If successful in your application submission and Peer Review Interview (where applicable), your final step is to sign SocEnv’s Code of Professional Conduct and agree to undertake Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Once complete, an official CEnv registration certificate will be in the post very shortly. You can then add “CEnv” after your name on email signatures, LinkedIn profiles, CVs, tender applications and more.
SocEnv’s Code of Professional Conduct
- Act in accordance with the best principles for the mitigation of environmental harm and the enhancement of environmental quality;
- Strive to ensure that the uses of natural resources are fair and sustainable, taking account of the needs of a diverse society;
- Use my skills and experience to serve the needs of the environment and society;
- Serve as an example to others for responsible environmental behaviour;
- Not engage in conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, misrepresentation or discrimination; and
- Commit to maintaining my personal professional competence and strive to uphold the integrity and competence of my profession.
Professional registrations available
The globally recognised gold standard for demonstrating your knowledge and commitment to high standards of practice and professionalism.
Registered Environmental Practitioner
External verification of up to date competence and experience, setting REnvP professionals apart from other practitioners working in their field.
Registered Environmental Technician
Confirm your technical skills in environmental practices to increase levels of trust, influence and responsibility – enhancing your career prospects.