The 11th Rushlight Awards are Open to Entries
25 September 2017
The Rushlight Awards are the only set of awards designed specifically to support and promote all the latest clean technologies, innovations, initiatives and deployment projects for businesses and other organisations throughout UK, Ireland and internationally. You can now enter to be considered for this year's awards.
The Rushlight Awards are open to all types of organisation at any stage of corporate development, including individual inventors, early stage companies, charities, universities, SMEs, quoted companies and multi-nationals.
The UK cleantech sector is developing apace and so the categories for the awards are also changing, to stay ahead of the technological developments and to recognise the areas where innovation is most valued. The inter-play of independent technologies and the broad relevance of new technologies to different subsectors makes it hard to provide clean boundaries between the categories in all cases. Nevertheless and importantly, there are categories for all aspects of clean technology and the innovation required to bring them to market.
They are divided into five main groups: Natural Energy, such as solar, wind, heat pumps and marine; Clean Energy, including hydrogen and fuel cells, bioenergy and powered transport; Processed Energy, including power generation, nuclear, fossil fuels and energy efficiency; Resources, including water, recycling, waste to energy and organic resource; Environment, covering air, land and water environments, noise, sustainable manufacturing, responsible products and services and environmental measurement.
The Rushlight Awards have the following categories:
1. Rushlight Solar Award
Awarded to the entrant who can demonstrate that they have made the most significant contribution towards harnessing the sun’s light or heat, thereby making solar a viable and effective energy source.
2. Rushlight Ground and Air Source Power Award
Awarded to the entrant who can demonstrate that they have made the most significant contribution towards the commercial exploitation of geothermal power, ground or air source heat pumps.
3. Rushlight Wind Power Award
Awarded to the most innovative wind power solution which enhances its attractiveness as a major natural energy source.
4. Rushlight Marine & Hydro Energy Award
Awarded to the most significant achievement in harnessing energy from a marine or inland waterway environment.
5. The winners of awards 1 to 4 will be shortlisted for the Rushlight Natural Energy Award. This category cannot be entered into directly, so applicants must enter at least one of the categories that feed into this.
6. Rushlight Bioenergy Award
Awarded to the most significant achievement towards the commercial and consumer exploitation of different types of biomass or other organic material as a source of power or fuel in a sustainable way.
7. Rushlight Powered Transport Award
Awarded to the most significant advancement that has resulted in the commercial development of forms of transport for land, sea or air which result in a significantly improved embedded environmental footprint.
8. Rushlight Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Award
Awarded to the most significant achievement towards the commercial development and exploitation of hydrogen or fuel cells.
9. The winners of awards 6 to 8 will be shortlisted for the Rushlight Clean Energy Award. This category cannot be entered into directly, so applicants must enter at least one of the categories that feed into this.
10. Rushlight Power Generation and Transmission Award
Awarded to the most significant engineering development that has improved the efficiency of energy conversion, transmission or management from fuel source to consumer in the electricity sector.
11. Rushlight Fossil Fuels Award
Awarded to the technological advancement or innovation that has made a significant contribution to the reduction in environmental impact of hydrocarbon usage for fuel or manufacturing.
12. Rushlight Nuclear Energy Award
Awarded to the technological advancement or innovation that has contributed most to the improvement in the environmental impact of nuclear power generation.
13. Rushlight Energy Reduction Award
Awarded to the technology or innovation that reduces the use of energy in a commercial or consumer setting.
14. Rushlight Energy Efficiency Award
Awarded to the technology or innovation that manages energy in such a way that less energy needs to be generated.
15. The winners of awards 10 to 14 will be shortlisted for the Rushlight Energy Environmental Award. This category cannot be entered into directly, so applicants must enter at least one of the categories that feed into this.
16. Rushlight Water Treatment Award
Awarded to the organisation that has made the most significant contribution through technology, innovation or process which facilitates or improves the treatment of water in the potable, non-potable or waste water context.
17. Rushlight Water Management Award
Awarded to the technology or innovation that reduces the use of water in a commercial or consumer setting, manages storm or flood water or controls water flow for the benefit of the environment.
18. Rushlight Resource Management Award
Awarded to the most environmentally effective resource collection, separation and handling arrangements for the whole resource cycle.
19. Rushlight Organic Resource Award
Awarded to the most significant development that has furthered the use or increased the effectiveness of composting, anaerobic digestion and other organic resource recycling solutions.
20. Rushlight Resource Recycling Award
Awarded to the most significant technological or innovative development in the field of recycling inorganic resource.
21. Rushlight Waste to Energy Award
Awarded to the most significant technological development or innovation that advances waste to energy as an environmentally effective way of managing waste and end-of-economic-life resources and generating energy.
22. The winners of awards 16 to 21 will be shortlisted for the Rushlight Resource Innovation Award. This category cannot be entered into directly, so applicants must enter at least one of the categories that feed into this.
23. Rushlight Clean Environment Award
Awarded to the most significant technological development or innovation that prevents, reduces or treats pollution or noise or other such contamination of land, water or air.
24. Rushlight Responsible Product or Service Award
Awarded to the product or service which has achieved the most impressive reduction in its impact on the environment through its use by the consumer.
25. Rushlight Sustainable Manufacturing & Services Award
Awarded to the product, service or process which has achieved the most impressive reduction in its impact on the environment either through its manufacturing process and provision or through the resources that it uses.
26. Rushlight Sustainable Agriculture, Forestry & Biodiversity Award
Awarded to the product, service, process, technique, activity or other innovation which has made or has the potential to make the most impressive impact on the environment in the fields of sustainable agriculture, forestry, biodiversity and other natural capital.
27. Rushlight Environmental Analysis & Metrology Award
Awarded to the most significant achievement in monitoring, assessing and accurately measuring the environment and the impact that society is having on it.
28. Rushlight Sustainability Initiative Award
Awarded to the most significant initiative, programme, project, product or process that has facilitated or advanced the adoption of clean energy and sustainable solutions across a community or in the marketplace.
29. The winners of awards 23 to 28 will be shortlisted for the Rushlight Environmental Management Award. This category cannot be entered into directly, so applicants must enter at least one of the categories that feed into this.
30. The Rushlight Award
Awarded to the overall winner for their substantial contribution to addressing environmental issues.
At the Rushlight Show, all entrants can have a poster in the Exhibition and a presentation pitch in the Rushlight Cleantech Showcase and/ or the Sustainable Solutions Market Panel to investors, financiers and major corporate customers.
Entries Close 30th November 2017
This year, Rushlight are continuing with the close integration of the Awards with the Rushlight Show. There are so many reasons to enter, including:
- There are on offer to entrants who qualify a range of benefits which are set out below, with many of the benefits available to all entrants.
- There are also additional valuable prizes for which all entrants who qualify can be considered.
- All entries will be made into posters and exhibited at the Rushlight Show, unless you choose not to
- The prestigious and internationally recognised Rushlight Awards carry substantial kudos, specifically due to the totally independent, high quality judging and breadth of support from the key leading participants in the sector
- Winners and commended entries can display their respective logos on all their marketing material and communications free-of-charge after the event
- Priority will be given to entrants for the presentation slots at the Rushlight Show to investors/ financiers and key corporate customers
- All entrants can have a stand in the Exhibition at the Rushlight Show at a substantial discount
- All entrants can attend the Awards Party at discounted prices, including group packages
- Celebrate an innovation breakthrough or an initiative by entering the awards and bringing the team to the Party
- Put your product, service, technology or project in front of potential customers, investors, partners, intermediaries and service providers.
Please go to How To Enter page and follow the instructions, download the entry form and good luck!
For more information about each category, the entry requirements and the event in general, please visit the Rushlight Awards website.